Wednesday 2 March 2016

Creating Inner Stillness - the Magic of the Himalayas

We left Sitla Estate with the air crisp and beautiful, the goodbyes heart wrenching. My night had been restless. Clearly, my subconscious was in turmoil knowing what lay ahead of me, in a city that is just not home to my soul.
At 6 30 am, I watched the sun rise slowly over the beautiful valley, and then got dressed for what would be my last morning walk through the forest, for some time to come. As I walked up the road, I could see the magnificent peaks of Trishul and Nanda Devi stare back at me.
The week at Sitla had been amazing. I left Mumbai in search of silence, and as I sat in the midst of all the beauty and simplicity that surrounded me, I was reminded of how much one unnecessarily complicates life, when in reality, our perceived problems are worth nothing up here.
I could not help but reflect upon the fact that life really is about moving forward, leaving the past behind, and moving beyond what we already know, ready to walk the road less travelled.
As I looked around me one last time, I was reminded that I am a mere mortal amidst these majestic mountains, where the energies are pure, and the Gods are alive and vibrant, ready to welcome the elevated soul.


- Radhika Vachani



No comments:

Post a Comment